Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
International Journal of AYUSH Case Reports (IJACARE)
IJACARE (International Journal of AYUSH Case Reports) publishes Case Reports, Case Series, Short communication, Case in Images, Clinical Images, Clinical Videos from AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) system of medical sciences.
Please follow the instructions given below before submitting your manuscript/case reports.
- Follow the check list before submission of paper.
- All submissions should be in the journal format & style, legibly written in good English, comprehensive, concise and complete.
- Prepare the manuscript in Times New Roman font of size 12.
- Title shall be in a font size 14, bold face capitals.
- All headings in the manuscript shall be in font size 12, bold face capitals.
- Subheading in each section shall be in font size 12, bold face lower case.
- Italic fonts style should not be used in the main text (Except Latin names and AYUSH words)
- The manuscripts should be checked carefully for grammatical errors.
- Total number of authors should limited to 3.
- Any part of an article critical to the main conclusions must be the responsibility of at least one author or corresponding author.
- All submitted articles are referred to review through experts in concern subject/ peers.
Types of manuscripts:
Please submit your article only in Microsoft WORD 2003 or upper version. PDF format is not accepted.
- Case Report/ Case Study: Single or two rare /unique case reports can be submitted
- Short communications: Pilot studies, any adverse event can be submitted in the form of short communications.
- Media gallery: Images of the clinical studies, Videos of any innovative procedures and demonstrations of AYUSH stream can also be submitted in this journal.
The page limit for above manuscript should be up to 5 pages.
- Manuscripts are accepted on the understanding that the authors have obtained the necessary authority for publication.
- Submission of an article to IJACARE (International Journal of AYUSH Case Reports) is understood to imply that it has not been either published or not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The author’s permission to publish his/her article in this journal implies exclusive authorization to the publisher to deal with all issues concerning copyright therein.
- Manuscripts with multi authors imply the consent of each of the authors.
- Manuscripts should be neatly typed in only in Times New Roman font of size 12 and heading in bold format, single-spaced throughout, including tables, graphs, figures.
- Manuscript should be uniform size with at least 2.5 cm margins on all sides.
- Word limit for case report should not more than 1000 words excluding references.
- Figures should be in JPEG format.
- Please do not put any hyperlinks, footnotes or endnotes throughout manuscript.
- Manuscript should be starting with the title page and the text should be arranged in the following order:
- Title page, Abstract, Introduction, Case Report, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, References, Acknowledgements. Lastly tables and figures/images along with their titles and legends respectively.
- Complete article file should be submitted through website online www.ijacre.in or submitted directly through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The decision to accept a contribution rests with Editor-in-chief and associate editors which reserves the right to make alterations in manuscripts submitted for publication if they do not conform to accepted scientific standard or if they are too repetitive.
- The paper must have the following format with all Numerical Headings listed below coming sequentially on separate pages.
Instruction to Authors:
First Page File:
This file should contain:
- The type of manuscript/paper i.e. Case report, Case series, Letter to editor, Images, videos, etc.)
- Title of the manuscript/paper (Title must be brief and comprehensively represent the findings and description as written in the abstracts.)
- Names of all authors/ contributors (with their highest academic degrees, designation and affiliations)
- Name of department and institution where the work has been done
- The name, address, e-mail, and telephone number of the corresponding author.
Title of the manuscript/paper must be brief and comprehensively represent the findings and description as written in the abstracts. The title should include the word “case report or case study”at last.
Example: Excision of Medoja Granthi (Lipoma) at ring finger of hand a rare location - A case study
In abstract words should not more than 200. Provide the rationality of case report. Describe in brief chief complaints, investigations, and diagnosis of case. Treatment of interventions/ procedure adopted. Lastly write outcome or endpoint and main lesion from the study.
Key Words: 2-5 key words
Brief background of the disease and drug/interventions/procedure should be written. Methods for which adequate references from published work should cited in text.
Describe patient’s demographic relevant details that are age, gender, occupation etc along with previous medical or surgical treatment taken. In clinical findings describe clinical complaints, local and systemic /physical examinations. Provide the details of laboratory, radiological and other investigations to diagnose the case.
This includes the treatment given to the patient it may be drug (conservative), intervention (Panchakarma, Yoga, Hijama, Unani intervention, etc), Procedure (Agnikarma or any surgical procedure or yoga procedure), life style, diet, Yogasnan, etc. This methodology should be written in details in the form of duration, dose, frequency, etc. lastly outcome and follow up in terms of recurrence and adverse effect.
Result and Discussion:
The original and important findings should be stated in a logical sequence. Illustrate the results with minimum 2 figures or tables where necessary. As the figure/images is the integral part of evidence and it’s very important in case reports. Result must be precise and comprehensive and should not be vague.
It should contain the proper justification and reasoning of observations and results found in the case study/case report. Along with this mode of action of drug/intervention/ procedure should be discuss with previous published research data. Describe the strengths and limitations of this case report.
Finally conclude the case with main findings and take away message.
The author acknowledge to sources of support in the form of grants, equipment, drugs as gift samples. Scientific personnel who have made substantial and essential contributions to the study should be acknowledged.
- Authors must state clearly the sources of images produced in the article. Confidentially should be maintained during the photography and consent should be taken from patient.
- If any ethical issue rise then journal can ask author about the production of the consent form and this responsibility goes to principal author or corresponding author.
- Images should be good quality colour and minimum 2 and maximum 6 images are accepted in case report.
- Special images as article is no limit of images, it can be published as per author’s explanation.
- Images should be submitted as JPEG format.
- Image size should be less than 2 MB.
- Resolution of images should be keep up to 1600 x 1200 pixels or 5-6 inches.
- The legends for the images should be included at last after references in the article file and should be cite chronologically in the text.
Total reference should be 3-20 in number
Name of author, Book name, Chapter name, Name of publisher and place, edition no. with year, page no.
Example: Somen Das, A Manual of Clinical surgery, Examination of a lump or a swelling. S Das publication, Calcutta. 6th edition Reprint 2007, pp-37-38.
Ayurvedic texts and Samhita:
Name of editor, name of Samhita sthan, chapter/ sloka no. Name of publisher, place with year, page no.
Example: Tripathi B. Charaka samhita Chikitsa Sthan 12/82. Chaukhamba Subharati Prakashan, Varanasi: 2013. Pp 460.
- Websites or web pages: web site reference with date of accessed.
Example: http://www.iwgdf.org/. [Last Accesssed on 2014 Apr 25]
- Journal articles: Name of author with initials, name of article, name of journal, year of publication, volume no. (Issue no.) pages.
Example: Ajmeer AS, Dudhamal TS, Gupta SK. Management of Madhumehajanya Vrana (diabetic wound) with Katupila (Securinega leucopyrus [Willd] Muell.) Kalka. Short Communication. AYU 2015;36 (3):353-55.
Informed Consent: Author ensures that the informed consent has been provided by patient to publish the case report/ images/videos.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.